BAY AREA A&M CLUB SCHOLARHIP PROGRAM
The Bay Area A&M Club offers one or more $1,500.00 scholarships to attend Texas A&M University at College Station or Texas A&M University at Galveston.
The funds awarded to selectees are sent to the Student Financial Aid Office at Texas A&M University at College Station or the Student Financial Aid Office at Texas A&M University at Galveston in August.
Criteria for Eligibility:
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be a United States citizen and one of the following:
1. A graduate from the high schools listed below, who has been accepted and intends to enroll at Texas A&M in the fall Semester of 2021:
▪Clear Creek Independent School District
– Clear Brook High School
– Clear Creek High School
– Clear Falls High School
– Clear Lake High School
– Clear Springs High School
– Clear View High School
▪Deer Park Independent School District
– Deer Park High School
▪Friendswood Independent School District
– Friendswood High School
▪La Porte Independent School District
– La Porte High School
▪Pasadena Independent School District
– Dobie High School
– Pasadena High School
– Pasadena Memorial High School
– Sam Rayburn High School
– South Houston High School
2. A senior in a private high school who lives within the school district boundary of one of the school districts identified in #1 above, who has been accepted and plans to enroll at Texas A&M University at College Station or Texas A&M University at Galveston in the fall of 2021.
Requirements for Application:
High school seniors who meet the eligibility criteria must submit the following application documents to be considered:
a. A completed copy of your application for admission to Texas A&M University (Apply Texas Form). Please include your EMAIL address.
b. A copy of your letter of acceptance from Texas A&M University.
c. An official copy of your high school transcript, which includes the courses you completed by February 1, 2021, your class rank, and your most recent GPA (including the GPA Scale).
d. A copy of your SAT scores.
e. A 250-300 word essay which details why you want to be a “Fightin’ Texas Aggie”, Class of 2025.
f. Name of family members in the Bay Area A&M Club. NOTE: Not a requirement for selection.
g. Other information that illustrates your community service (volunteer work), leadership in organizations, extracurricular activities, and awards. Please do not submit photographs.
Applications will not be returned; please do not send any original documents you need to keep.
1. The application must be postmarked or hand delivered no later than 12:00 midnight, 31 March 2021.
2. Please mail or hand deliver the scholarship application to:
Charles F. Prendergast, ’70
2410 Sarasota Drive
Friendswood, TX 77546-6014
Email Address: USMIRET94@aol.com
3. All applicants will be notified by mail of their selection or non-selection. The scholarship recipient(s) will also be notified by EMAIL and introduced to Club Members at the Bay Area A&M Club Aggie Muster on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. Scholarship recipients and their parents must attend and will be guests of the Bay Area A&M Club at the Nassau Bay Hilton Hotel Ballroom. Attendance will be in accordance with State and local Covid-19 protocols in force at the time.
Criteria for Selection:
The following criteria will be considered in awarding the scholarship(s):
1. Scholarship (Class Rank) GPA
2. The Essay
3. Community Service (Volunteer Work)
4. Extracurricular activities, Leadership, Awards
5. Dependents of Bay Area A&M Club Members
6. SAT Score or ACT Score
7. Family financial circumstances (if submitted)
The Bay Area A&M club meets on the first Thursday each month at the Nassau Bay Hilton Hotel at 11:30 AM.
The Bay Area A&M website is https://clubs.aggienetwork.com/bayareaamc